With Thanksgiving less than a week away the year feels like it is flying by. It seemed like a good time for Graham and me to reflect on the main student success themes that stood out for us in 2019:
- Mounting demographic, financial and cultural pressures impacting higher education institutions
- Rise in awareness around Equity and Access issues related to higher education
- How higher ed institutions are trying to align Student Affairs, Enrollment Management and Academic Affairs to better support student success
In this session we reference a number of resources. You can find them at:
- Demographic Challenges Facing Colleges and Universities (NACUBO, Bank of America)
- Is college worth it? A Georgetown study measures return on investment – with some surprising results (Washington Post)
- A first try at ROI: Ranking 4,500 Colleges (Georgetown University)
- Food Insecurity. Better Information Could Help Eligible College Students Access Federal Food Assistance Benefits (US Government Account Office)
- College and University Basic Needs Insecurity: A National #RealCollege Survey Report (The Hope Center for College, Community and Justice)
- Starfish Project hope to Support #RealCollege Students (Starfish by Hobsons)
Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!
To listen, subscribe through your favorite podcast app or you can listen here: https://anchor.fm/dashboard/episode/e9ahrq.